The current manual process of managing syllabi with Microsoft Word templates ends up producing inconsistent, error-prone, and outdated syllabi. Concourse produces syllabi free of inconsistencies and errors while streamlining an inefficient manual workflow.
Concourse seamlessly integrates with your current tools like your LMS and SIS, and allows you to centrally manage syllabus creation, sharing, analysis, and reporting.
In essence, Concourse will transform the way you manage syllabi for the better. It will simplify the process of managing syllabi while eliminating all major problems schools face like inconsistency, lack of insight, and workflow inefficiency.
Whether Concourse or Concourse Lite is right for you depends on several factors. If you want to get your syllabi online right away without an immediate need for syllabus templates, Concourse Lite may be right for you. Concourse Lite allows you to upload your existing syllabi to one central, online location.
If however you want guaranteed consistency and control of syllabi at your institution, and want to be able to run comprehensive reports based on specific syllabus information and workflow activity, then Concourse is right for you.
Both systems offer the following powerful features:
- Centralized course information management, including syllabus archival
- Online syllabus access with single sign-on via LMS integration
- Creation of users, registrations, and courses via SIS integration
- Electronic workflow with audit and reporting capabilities
- Hosting, backup, upgrade, maintenance, and service support
- Full-text, keyword search capabilities
We can help you determine which option is right for you. Contact us for a free consultation and a demonstration of both Concourse and Concourse Lite!
There are many good reasons:
- Concourse is configured for ease-of-use, with features based on years of higher education research and implementations.
- It’s very telling that most every school we’ve come across who built their own internal solution eventually abandoned it in favor of Concourse and became a client of ours.
- You’ll benefit from our best practices and avoid a multi-year learning curve of what works and what doesn’t when building a system from the ground up.
- Concourse is fully-functioning and ready-to-use system. You can have an active institution-wide turn-key solution while your solution is still on the drawing board.
- Creating sustainable campus tools and systems can be a monumental undertaking. It’s expensive, takes a lot of time, and resources ordinarily dedicated to other important issues are suddenly diverted.
- Concourse is ready to integrate with your LMS and SIS straight out of the box. Seamless single sign-on makes Concourse a native part of your existing environment.
- The Concourse Support Center is full of helpful information and documentation. Many in-house systems do not automatically come with a treasure trove of user-friendly information based on years of client implementations across every imaginable use case.
- All of our clients tell us Concourse is intuitive and one of the easiest tools they use. Our Training Center helps all stakeholders learn every aspect of our platform before they begin.
- You get your very own dedicated Concourse client success representative to help you each step of the way through your implementation.
If you would like to connect with other schools who went the way of building an in-house solution first, contact us.
Concourse is simple to use. If faculty can log into an LMS and use the editing tools in Microsoft Word, they can use Concourse. With single sign-on to you LMS, everything is in one central location. Our clients constantly tell us Concourse is one of the simplest, most intuitive tools they use.
Concourse will cut faculty workload. The syllabus has evolved to include volumes of information that isn’t directly tied to weekly classroom instruction. These are the legal statements, school/program/department policies, accreditation information, library info, computer lab hours, course descriptions, outcomes, etc. that are found on syllabi. Concourse will centralize the management of this information so faculty are no longer responsible for it.
Concourse gives faculty complete autonomy to author, edit and update syllabi any way they please. Centralizing the ‘administrative’ information mentioned above will not interfere with faculty autonomy to author, edit, and update the part of the syllabus they teach from in any way. Faculty can customize their template to suit their needs.
Faculty can do even more with Concourse, too. Faculty can attach files, insert tables, calendars, embed videos, and more.
Accreditation reporting when it comes to syllabi is daunting. Tracking down required information is an administrative nightmare. It can take a team of people weeks of searching through emails, computer hard drives, network shared drives, and filing cabinets to compile a report that likely doesn’t contain all the necessary information your accreditor is asking you for.
Consistency. One of the toughest challenges is maintaining the level of consistency across syllabi required by accrediting bodies. Because Concourse is a database-driven platform, you are guaranteed instant consistency across a program or entire institution. With Concourse, you’ll have zero worries and instant compliance.
Outcomes. Concourse will ensure that proper outcomes are incorporated on every syllabus and you can even include verbiage showing the alignment between outcomes and activities.
Give your accreditor direct access. Accreditors may request direct access to syllabi. Create an account for your accreditor to give them access to Concourse and its robust search capabilities. You may also decide to allow accreditors to run reports from Concourse directly.
Instant, effortless, comprehensive reports. Within a few mouse clicks, produce comprehensive yet granular reports for every syllabus in a department or throughout your entire institution. And see all data in real-time.
The Item Report is a report on specific syllabus content. The information can be pulled from any component of a syllabus, such as Description, Outcomes, Textbooks, or Schedules. And you can choose to pull from a specific Course, Program, Department or across your entire Institution. Without Concourse, this report would take a team of people weeks and they probably couldn’t produce a complete, accurate report.
With Concourse, a single person can create this report in 4 mouse clicks. You’ll amaze your accreditors and free people up to do more productive things.
The Audit Report is a report on workflow in the Concourse system. Currently, you have no line-of-sight into that process across a program, department, or entire institution. With Concourse, in 3 clicks, you will. And you can drill down into individual syllabi for a more granular view.
To learn more about Reporting, click here.
Have questions or need more information? Contact us to understand how Concourse can help you power through accreditation.
Concourse supports HB2504 by automatically creating a public-facing version of the syllabus that can be reached in three clicks or less. Faculty can also create curriculum vita information within their Concourse profile, to be included with the public course information and also accessible online.
Concourse is not only a more affordable means to comply with this legislation; the value stretches far beyond what is required by the legislation, and at a fraction of what schools are spending. To learn more about how Concourse supports HB2504 and beyond, click here.
Schools can easily meet federal mandates including current HEOA requirements to post textbook information prior to registration. With Concourse, all course materials can be entered in and accessed from a single location that makes sense, the syllabus. Textbook procurement and compliance has never been so easy.
Within Concourse, there is no limit to the number of course templates, template tiers, and instructional syllabi you can create. Each will remain within your Concourse system until you remove them. When you begin with Concourse, a dedicated Client Success Representative will work with you to create a template structure to fit the needs of your institution.
Yes. Faculty have complete autonomy to change, edit, and update the content of their template as see fit. They can upload files, pictures, outlinks, embed videos, calendars, tables, and more.
We can include your school logo and change the background colors to theme your implementation to fit your school brand.
Many clients come to us assuming they will need customization, but after using Concourse they realize that our system out-of-the-box typically meets all their requirements with no need for customization.
Each Concourse client works with a dedicated Customer Success Representative, who begins by reviewing your existing syllabi to help you create Concourse syllabi which model your current format and processes.
Concourse supports rich text editing, so you can directly copy and paste formatted text from MS Word. This is especially useful if you are transferring an existing syllabus to Concourse.
Our permissions feature makes sure syllabi can be set to open up or hide any or all parts of a syllabus that an instructor or administrator might not want to share publicly, such as contact information. Concourse puts you in complete control over what components of your syllabus are available to whom and where.
Users generally access Concourse one of three ways.
- Single sign-on integration with your learning management system (LMS) allows users to access syllabi from within their course sites.
- Users can also reach Concourse through a portal, and
- All users will be able to access your institution’s public Concourse website.
There are three methods for bringing data into Concourse from other systems:
- Manual feed processing is generally used to migrate data (e.g. users, courses, descriptions, etc.) in bulk from one system to another
- Automated feeds are more often used for continuous synchronization with a Student Information System (SIS).
- Auto creation. Concourse makes it possible to create users and courses on-the-fly when integrated with the Learning Management System (LMS).
First and foremost, your data belongs to you.
The quickest and best way to get your data out of Concourse is to run an Item Report. This report allows you to extract item data directly from each syllabus and aggregate them into a single, tabular report. All reports within Concourse can be downloaded comma-separated value files.
Experience first-hand how easy it is to download a report from Concourse when you contact us for an online demo.
In order to get Concourse implemented, we will guide you through the following six-phase approach:
- Planning: During this initial phase, you will determine who will be responsible for specific elements of the implementation, as well as the sequencing and timing of activities.
- Templates: Once all planning tasks are completed, you will begin to determine the overall architecture for data organization, source, flow, and access.
- Administration: Upon completion of your system architecture, you will establish the distribution of high-level roles and responsibilities throughout the system.
- Integration: You will work to determine various Concourse access points, as well as how Concourse will consume and produce data to and from other systems.
- Deployment: During the deployment phase of your Concourse implementation, you will work to resolve any remaining elements needed for go-live, as well as bring together decisions made in previous phases.
- Maintenance: Once your Concourse system is deployed and your users are successfully accessing their syllabi, it is time to plan for the care and maintenance of your system for many years to come.
For more detailed information regarding Concourse implementation and deployment, visit our Support Center!
All of the information you place in Concourse will remain in the system until you delete it. We do not require nor schedule automatic removal of your Concourse system data. Your data is your data, and you will have access to it for as long as you are working with Concourse.
While many clients can get Concourse up, going, and delivering value with a limited amount of assistance, we offer a range of services to make sure you hit the ground running. Our professionals can help advise you on implementation planning, inform template design, consult about integration options, or provide training.
Additionally the Concourse Support Center offers a wealth of information regarding Concourse, including all phases of implementation and deployment. Whether you are looking for information on integration, planning, workflow, or permissions, you will find detailed articles in the Support Center. Our goal is to ensure clients always have access to accurate and comprehensive information, whenever they need it.
Of course, if you would like to speak with us directly, we are more than happy to discuss support and services with you!
We take the security of your data very seriously. We proactively take steps to ensure that your Concourse information is digitally and physically safe.
Click here to see more information about our security practices and policies.
We place a strong emphasis making syllabi universally accessible. And so do our clients. Concourse has been tested against every possible screen reader and passed successfully. We will help you gain Section 508 compliance, and we have a VPAT to share with interested clients.
We encourage you to contact us for a demo and to obtain our latest VPAT.